|Topic 5 explores the mathematical theme of Shapes and Numbers. This is done through the introduction of the 4th instrument in the Voyage To The Moon orchestra – the Oboe.
|In lesson 5 you will:
- Build comparisons between the orchestral instruments
- Build connections between musical components and mathematical concepts.
- Introduce the Oboe – discussing its distinctive sound and appearance.
- Identify the tone and timbre of the oboe’s music.
- Analyse “duration” – how ‘short and jumpy’ or ‘long and smooth’ the notes being played in the music are.
- New characters: Olive the Oboe
Click here to go to Preparation
Click here to go to Lesson Content
Downloadable version (for planning purposes):