|Topic 7 explores the non-musical theme of ‘quiet noises’ and will concentrate on the first musical notation or symbol that serves as a rule/instruction in the world of music.The symbol that will be introduced today is:
- Piano or p (pronounced pi-yar-no) = quiet/soft
The ‘p’ symbol appear on music and instructs musicians to play their instruments softly (p).
|In lesson 7 you will:
- Discuss the concept of ‘quiet noises’ and appropriate volume of noise in various scenarios.
- Introduce and build knowledge about dynamics – Piano – the sign that appears on the score sheet (music) and what it means.
- Build on analytical skills through the comparison of sections of the VTM music.
- New Characters: Penelope Piano
Click here to go to Preparation
Click here to go to Lesson Content
Downloadable version (for planning purposes):