In this lesson you will:
- Study features of the violin and its role within the Orchestra.
- Explore the music played by the violin in ‘Voyage to the Moon’, analysing various inter-related dimensions of music; ‘tone’, ‘pitch’, ‘duration’, ‘timbre’, ‘tempo’ and rhythmic features, through theoretical and practical activities.
- Explore the concept of ‘sound creation’ (and vibrations).
- Build comparisons between the violin and the French horn.
- Continue with group composition work in relation to the violins solo in verse 2.
Click here to go to Preparation
Click here to go to Lesson Content
Click here to go to Assessment